Friday, March 6, 2009

Updates! Updates! Updates!

A lot of stuff going on around Sports. Manny Pacquiao dropping the WBC Lightweight title and got his eyes on the Super Lightweight division. The Pacquiao-Hatton fight is gonna be worth watching this coming May 2 (May 3 here in Manila). He's already started training for the fight. To qoute WWE Commentor Jim Ross: "it's gonna be a slobber-knocker" of a fight, I tell you.

Quick thoughts: The move is good but going for another title before hanging up his gloves is just not a good idea in my book. It's enough that he's already made history having won 4-titles in different weight classes is already a tremendous achievement. I'm not saying that he doesn't have a chance at winning a new title but suffice to say, he's already proven himself and to the world what a great champion he truly is and I'm proud of it. I just hope his last fight would be against Floyd Mayweather Jr. That I'm sure would be one slugfest worth watching.

******

The new season of the Formula 1 is coming up and I can't wait for that one. Maclaren's Lewis Hamilton will defend his crown against Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa. A lot of changes for the new cars this year. I expect Renault's Fernando Alonso to give Mr. Hamilton a run for his money.

Quick thoughts: I still say Felipe Massa should've been champion not Hamilton. I will never be a Ferrari fan but as a Maclaren fan, there's a lot of controversy in his win last year. I hope it's not Deja Vu all over again this year.

******

Denver Nuggets' forward Carmelo Anthony already served his one game suspension for crossing the line with coach George Karl a couple of days ago. D-Wade spoiled Shaqawockee's return to Miami and it was an absolute high scoring game. A lot of MVP chants all throughout the game. The Cleveland Cavaliers beefed up their roster with the return of Joe Smith in a Cavs uni. Starbury signing with the Boston Celtics was no surprise.

Quick thoughts: I'm a bit late on some of the news. My apologies for that. Melo better start acting like a Superstar stop being a pouting little brat for once and do what coach Karl says. It seems to me he's a little jealous because C-Bills is getting all the love from George Karl. Hate to say this but you dropped the ball Melo and you're losing it, son. Get a hold of yourself and be responsible.

D-Wade was a beast in that game. Dropping a lot of dimes to his teammates and that sick block from behind on Grant Hill was just amazing! Bananas I tell you! Shaq's been getting a lot of attention lately after the All-Star break. I'm not sure if he's trying to shake up the L but he better hope that works. Phoenix is about a couple of games behind in the race for the 8th spot in the West.

Joe Smith could be the back-up bigman they needed. With the injured Ben Wallace out, he could fill in the void at the 4 and this could mean that the Cavs are more dangerous in the East and they just got deeper. And lastly, Marbury in Boston could make or break the defending champs' chances of repeating this year. I'm not sure how he's gonna get some PT with Rondo and Eddie House in the rotation. I'm not banking on him being a starter. Rajon Rondo is the Celtics' top point guard. Enjoy the Celtics experience Steph. Better start working on your defense while you're at it. Oh, forgot to mention Mikki Moore signed with the Celtics recently. They got a good backup for the injured Kevin Garnett.

******

That's a wrap for now. I'll be posting perhaps tomorrow on WWE Superstar Batist's recent visit here in Manila. I have yet to post something about the PBA (Philippine Basketball Association). I have to give some love on some of the PBA's best players once in a while. I'm excited for that. I have something cooking up for the EC blogsite. In case y'all didn't know, I'm also a contributor for that site. A lot of great NBA stuff there.

Y'all take care now. I'm out like the Knicks' Nate Robinson with an ankle injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...