Monday, July 20, 2009

Mosley still wants Pacquiao.

While everybody knows the Pacquiao-Cotto fight is almost a done deal, Sugar Shane Mosley still wants to get a crack at Pacman. I'm pretty sure that would be another interesting fight. Somehow I'm a bit perplexed on why he still wants to put his name on the hat. I guess this perhaps answered my question:

"I'll fight him at 140 lbs and I am willing to give him the lion's share," said Mosley from Los Angeles.

Even with victories over Oscar De La Hoya and a bevy of marquee names, the mythical title of pound-for-pound king has eluded Mosley through the years and the cat-quick banger believes a win over Pacquiao would finally make him happy.

Now that he has practically given up everything, Mosley doesn't see any reason why Pacquiao will not take up the challenge.

"If he doesn't fight me, I guess you could say he's afraid of me or his people are afraid of me," said Mosley, the reigning World Boxing Association welterweight king.


His proposal of fighting Manny at 140 lbs. could be quite enticing. The Pacquiao camp might take that into consideration. HOWEVA, he has another reason why he wants to make the fight happen:

According to the 37-year-old Mosley, he made the tempting offer because he had never won the 140-lb crown and he wants to claim Pacquiao’s pound-for-pound tag.

Though he’d initially given up chasing Pacquiao, Mosley said the thought of his legacy prompted him to step up the plate again.

Mosley, who’d been beaten by Cotto, said his proposal should make both Bob Arum and Freddie Roach, the promoter and trainer of Pacquiao, respectively, happy.


Looks to be a valid reason. Good luck with that. If the Pacquiao-Mosley materialized, I doubt Shane Mosley could last a couple of rounds because of his age. From the looks of it, I'd rather see a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight which unfortunately, won't ever happen. I guess Pacman fighting Cotto on November would suffice, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...