Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ms. Clavel Magazine Launch @ Embassy Cuisine. December 8, 2008

Chicks and kicks do mix, yes? This picture says it all.
(Photo by Roy Afable. 12/08/08)

I know I should've posted this about a couple of weeks ago but it's better late than never I guess. Anyways, I was at the launch of the Philippines' first ever magazine on street fashion and sneaker culture, Ms. Clavel. Quite a catchy name for a magazine, don't you think? I have to thank kingcrux31 of NikeTalk Philippines (he's also one of Ms. Clavel's crew) for adding me and my friend on the guestlist on such short notice.

I apologize for not learning about the said event much sooner but I'm glad I was able to make it there. Well, it was indeed a great event to begin with. As soon as me and my friend got there, cameras were flashing everywhere. It was kinda cool though. Being a part of Ms. Clavel's launch felt like I was an A-Lister even though I wasn't. Hahahaha. Speaking of the A-List, I spotted Borgy Manotoc in the party. Sure, there were some more all over the place but they don't matter to me. I didn't go there to spot some celebs at the launch but rather I was there for the magazine and sneakers, what else?

It was the best party I've been to this year. Besides having free booze (it was an open bar 'til 11 PM), lots of sneakerheads flocked the venue rocking their favorite kicks. I wished I had worn one of my best pair of kicks at the event. I was in such a hurry to go there I ended up wearing my old Nike Huarache 2K5's. I didn't have time to think of a good pair to wear due to time constraints and the weather (it was raining a little bit late in the afternoon from where I live). I shoulda rocked my black toe Air Jordan 1's at the party but it's alright. Oh, screw it! It's all my fault. My bad.

The writer's copy of Ms. Clavel Magazine.
(Photo by Roy Afable. 12/08/08)

I then focused my attention on the hot ladies in attendance. Hell yeah! They are absolutely hot. But the real stars are not the chicks, it was all about the shoes mind you. From one of the pictures posted here, the ladies modeled off the hot kicks at the party. Sneakerheads (including yours truly) alike were drooling with envy at the sight of the shoes. Who can blame them or us for that matter? I did manage to get some stills on the shoes though but I decided not to post the rest of the stuff here. My shots aren't all that good. If only I own a Canon SLR camera it would've been way better.

Bottomline is, I had an awesome night there. I was even one of the lucky few to get a free copy of the magazine. My thanks to Borgy (Manotoc) for giving me, presumably, that last free copy of Ms. Clavel. Great music, great venue, free booze and free magazine(s), what more can you ask for? Now, that's how you throw a party! Congratulations to the folks of Ms. Clavel Magazine for making the event possible and a huge success. The party was dope! So glad I was there to show some love and support. Looking forward to more events from Ms. Clavel. For more photos of the Ms. Clavel Magazine launch, check out this link.

Sneakerheads rule!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...