Friday, December 12, 2008

Sneaker Love...

The Air Jordan 11 & 12 Countdown Package drops on December 20, 2008.

Christmas is just a couple of weeks away and I'm hellbent on getting the ultimate Christmas gift for myself. Being a sneakerhead, I always drool whenever I see a nice pair of kicks in shoe stores. One shoe brand in particular is the Jordan Brand. Though I have always been a Nike guy since I got my first pair of Nikes when I was 7 years old. I can't remember the model but all I can remember that it was a high-top shoe with a white/blue colorways. Kinda looks like an Air Force 1 shoe.

I remember rocking Nike cross-training High-top (or was it a mid) Air Huaraches and Air Max 90's back when I was 12. Those are the first shoes I've ever had in the Nike Air line. I even wrote to Santa to perhaps get a pair of black Air Jordan VI's for Christmas (I was 10 years old back then, I believe) but of course, that never happened (boo, Santa!!! hahaha). That I believe was the time when I started getting into Air Jordans. I got my first pair of J's in 1998 when I got my black/white/red Air Jordan XIII's right in the middle of the 98 NBA Playoffs. I was so happy getting that pair. I got it straight from Chicago, USA and I consider it one of my Holy Grails in my sneaker collection.

Yes, I was happy getting my first Air Jordans but one pair of J's I've always wanted was the Jordan XI Concordes. I was gonna buy one back in '96 but it was already sold out everywhere especially for my size (I'm a size 8 US). I was gonna get the black/white/red version of the shoe but was sold out as well. My neighbor had a pair of the Concordes and he was nice enough to let rock his J's from time to time (he's not really into shoes but he was a lucky bastard for having a pair of those J's. hahahaha). A couple of years later, I finally asked my friend if could buy his J's. I thought my dreams of finally owning that pair of XI Concordes (which I don't mind if it's used) would soon be a reality. My friend told me his friend never returned the shoes ever since he borrowed them. My heart dropped and since then the thought of owning a pair AJ XI's would remain a pipe dream. Despite the fact that Concordes were retroed back in 2001 I think, I wasn't able to buy the retor shoe either and I blame my dad not buying me those J's (Why?!!! T_T).

Fast-forward to 2008, my dream of finally getting the J's I've always wanted is just a week away. December 20 to be exact. I was bummed when I learned it was gonna be released on the 20th instead of December 26 as reported on NikeTalk. It doesn't matter though, I'm getting that Air Jordan Collezione/CDP (Countdown Package) 11 & 12 on the 20th one way or another. My dream of getting a pair AJ XIs (getting AJ XII taxi's is just a bonus for me) is the only thing I want for Christmas. I don't care If it's not the Concordes what matters is it's in OG colorways (I like black/white/red colorways actually).

Furthermore, come 20th of December, getting that Air Jordan CDP is the only thing I've always wanted in my life. I'd be a happy man if I get that pack, I'll be like 16 again and I won't be buying anymore J's. With that said, I'd be retired like Money (Michael Jordan) in the sneaker game.

Check out this link for the lowdown on the Air Jordan CDP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...