Monday, May 17, 2010

2010 NBA Eastern Conference Finals: Celtics take Game 1

Point guard match-up: The Boston Celtics' Rajon Rondo (left) tries to get past
Jameer Nelson (right) of the Orlando Magic. The Celtics beat the Magic 92-88
(
Doug Benc/Getty Images)


Hey folks! My first post in 2 months. Lots of things I had to deal with. I'm back and I've made some changes on my blog -- obviously. Hope y'all like it. I ain't done with it as I'll be adding a few more stuff here. So without further ado, on to the updates....

Everybody thought the Cleveland Cavaliers would go all the way to the Finals. Most Celtics fans (including myself) didn't think the C's would even get past the second round of the playoffs. Well lo and behold, the same Boston Celtics team that's been hampered with injuries and controversy (Rasheed Wallace anyone?) is making some noise and they're back in the hunt for the 'chip.

After getting Rondo'd twice, we may have seen LeBron James in a Cavs uni. That's another story altogether.

The Orlando Magic have been the most dominant team in the East. Having swept the Charlotte Bobcats and the Atlanta Hawks, a rematch of last year's Eastern Conference Finals was expected -- all that changed, thanks to the Celtics.

Paul Pierce and gang made yet another statement in O-Town as the Celtics gave the Magic a run for their money and won game 1. Vince Carter knew it wasn't gonna be easy:

"They came out ready to play," said Vince Carter, who led the Magic with 23 points. "They jumped on us early, offensively and defensively.

"We fought like heck to get back in the game. Unfortunately, when you're down that many points with about nine minutes to go, and with them defending like they did, it's going to be tough.


The Orlando Magic have to make some adjustments and even the series in Game 2. So far, the Celtics are at their best playing on the road and surely, another win in O-Town could mean another step going back to the Finals in a potential rematch with the LA Lakers. Speaking of the Lakers, Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals and it's another heated rivalry with the Phoenix Suns tomorrow. That's another series worth watching. I'm betting my money on the Suns to win in the West (sorry Lakers fans).

In some NBA news, Cavaliers guard Delonte West is making headlines of sorts, which I find rather odd and disturbing. I know this is old stuff, but I'm glad Vinny Del Negro finally got the pink slip from the Chicago Bulls management. A lot of coaching job openings in the L. This year's draft is something to look forward to in the coming days. Hope John Wall gets drafted at number 1. Whichever team drafts him is lucky, that's all I can say.

Competition's gonna get even more intense as the road to the NBA Finals continue. On that note, check out this awesome dunk from Vince Carter. See y'all in my next updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...