Monday, May 31, 2010

Jose Mourinho is Real Madrid bound

A new beginning: Portuguese Jose Mourinho will take over as new manager of Real Madrid.
(
Photo by: Denis Doyle/Getty Images)

One of the best football managers in Europe is making headlines again. Fresh from leading Inter Milan FC to winning the most coveted prize in the UEFA Champions league, he decided to bolt out of Italy. He wants Spain to be his new home. After all the rumors brewing all over the football grapevine, it's now confirmed -- Mourinho will helm the Galacticos next season.

So far, he's getting all the love in Spain. He's not the only Portuguese popular there -- Cristiano Ronaldo's gonna have to get used to sharing the spotlight. Not much has changed in his expressions or body language of delight being the new guy in Real Madrid -- a typical Jose thing -- that's why everybody loves a guy him because he's a winner. He does smile once in a while though.

Nonetheless, he's more than ready to take the Galacticos to the next level:

"I like to give myself a challenge and this is a big one," Mourinho told a news conference at the Bernabeu Stadium. "I have a lot of confidence in myself and my ability as a coach.

"I want to thank the board for hiring me and I promise I will not change. I am Jose Mourinho and I arrive here with all my qualities and my defects," Mourinho added.

"The strength of my teams is the team not individual players or the coach. If they all recognise this it will not be difficult to get results."


That's one classy guy right there. He's all set to win a UEFA title with the Galacticos. Inter fans shouldn't feel all that bad. Rumor has it that England coach Fabio Capello will be replacing Mourinho's spot with Internazionale. So it's a win-win situation for both teams and that makes the poker faced Mourinho just as happy perhaps. It will yet be another exciting season for the UEFA Champions league and Spanish La Liga.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...