Friday, May 21, 2010

Nike to launch World Cup ad in a UEFA game



As mentioned on Brooks Peck's Soccer blog, this new ad campaign from the folks at Nike (that's all over the internet already) will debut this Saturday (in the US, I presume) during a UEFA Champions League game. It's the full version of the ad. Really dope if you ask me. You'll see a lot of familiar faces in soccer/football -- the ones that rock Nike gear obviously. If you watch soccer games and a fan of the sport, you'll certainly recognize them (and some other Nike athletes). HOWEVA, there's one cameo in the ad that had me scratching my head though.

This is a soccer ad but I have a problem with some personalities showing up there. Though I'm not surprised to see Kobe Bryant(!) and Roger Federer (did he ever play footie before?) but Homer Simpson?! Homer f*cking Simpson -- c'mon son!!! I'm a fan of the cartoon series but he/it seems a bit out of place there -- seriously! Maybe Homer was there to add some humor in the ad or something -- I dunno.

Whatever the reason is, only Nike knows right? It's still worth watching nonetheless. Hope this ad airs here in the Philippines soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...