Sunday, June 22, 2008

Blogging on NBA.com is really cool.

Yup yup! No joke. I do have a blog on NBA.com. It's really fun to be getting in touch with a lot of Basketball from all over the world. I named my blog "Air Tsinelas: A Pinoy Basketball Fan's Blog." Since I represent the Philippines, I might as well make it relevant to basketball and to Filipino culture. The reason I chose that title is that street basketball is very much common here.

You'll see a lot of makeshift basketball courts in every street corner. Manila is just one of the cities full of these makeshift basketball courts here in my beloved country. For us here, If you can't find a place to play ball on, make one.

What street basketball is like in the Philippines. Ballers playing in their 'tsinelas.'

As for the word 'tsinelas,' it's a actually Filipino word for rubber slippers/sandals. Because most of us Filipino ballers play streetball with only our tsinelas. Adding the word "air" is somewhat our mocked up local version of the Air Jordans for it's comfort and is very lightweight. And best thing is that it's cheaper! Havianas sandals weren't available back then and only local brands like "Spartan" and "Islander" tsinelas were the most popular in the market at the time.

Now that the Air Tsinelas Blog is born, I got some comments from two of the blogs I have posted there. It's a good sign that my blog is being recognized. And that is really cool! I look forward to getting more comments from my Air Tsinelas Blog.

How cool is it to interact with NBA fans from around the globe. Thanks to NBA.com for this cool idea in their website. Pinoy NBA fans can create discussions and write blogs about their favorite team and what have yous. The Philippines is definitely Basketball Country and I hope there more Pinoy hoops fans out there who want to voices to be heard.

It's time for us Pinoys to represent! Go Pinoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...