Monday, June 16, 2008

Celtics played like CRAP!!!

Woke up early on Monday morning feeling confident my Celtics will finally vanquish the Lakers and take the Larry O' Brien trophy back to the East. I was supposed to go to The National Sports Grill in Greenbelt 3 to watch the game and rock my Adidas Celtics Green Garnett Swingman jersey. I got bored so just stayed at home and watched it right in my living room.

Strong start for the Lakers as expected. Kobe getting in the lane racking up points in the paint and shoot some 3 pointers. I wasn't surprised at that. I knew he was gonna be a huge factor all throughout the game. What killed the Celtics was KG getting into foul trouble in the first quarter. Worse, he was on the floor for about a minute and KG was called for a foul guarding Pau Gasol. He had to be replaced by PJ Brown in the game. That 39-22 scoreboard in the first half reminded me of game 4. I figured the C's are still alright despite the Big 3 now getting into foul trouble.

It was disappointing of course seeing the Lakers outhustling my C's. Rebounding was terrible for the Celtics and that's where they needed Perk in the game. He was a huge loss for them.

fast forward to 3rd quarter, the Celtics made some runs but Paul Pierce made a lot of trips in free throw line. KG came back in, he went to the free throw line a couple of times but a two shots in his last trip to the line. Surprisingly, Sam-I-am played a lot of minutes taking advantage of his mismatch against Jordan Farmar. They were able to close in on the Lakers in the 3rd quarter.

Again it was Kobe Bryant that set the pace for the Lakers scoring in transition and making his free throws whenever he went to the line. The Celtics were making too many turnovers and the young Lakers took advantage of them. James Posey didn't do too much for the Celtics and was inefficient.

Time was running out for C's. They've been making a lot unforced errors especially in the crucial minutes of the game. What made the Celtics suck was they played loosely, didn't take care each of their possessions and convert when they needed it! They played terrible in the offensive end. It was a huge mistake for them to switch to 1-2-2 zone on the Lakers. They let Kobe isolate and easily break down their defense. They simply made him go one-on-one instead of challenging his like they did in Game 4.

Then 39 seconds remaining in the fourth, Mamba made a steal on P-Double and made a thunderous two-handed dunk out of that defensive play. Another stupid play for the Celtics not playing good basketball for 48 minutes. Kobe played like an MVP and made my Celtics play like poop stains. It was ugly! I was absolutely disgusted! They let themselves get overwhelmed by their rivals and faded into obscurity. Played loose on both ends of the floor. It didn't look like the Celtics were playing for a championship! That's just crap! I'm just glad I didn't go to the viewing party at The National Sports Grill. It saved me from sheer embarrassment.

When the horn sounded after the game, I didn't bother watching the interview on Kobe. What's the point?! I couldn't stand watching him after he made thrash out of the Celtics. Of course, it's a huge momentum build up for the Lakers when they visit Boston in two days. What the Celtics can do is forget about their Game 5 loss and focus on the championship at hand.

I can only hope the Celtics will use that loss to fire them up like the Lakers did in Game 5. And I thought my prediction on the Celtics winning in Game 6 is not gonna happen as I figured it would end on Game 5. Guess I was wrong. I shouldn't have abandoned my prediction. My bad. I'm sticking to guns again. Celtics in 6 baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...