Monday, June 30, 2008

Germany vs. Spain for the Euro 2008 Finals

Germany will have to get it done with or without their Captain Michael Ballack
in the Euro 2008 Finals against Spain.
(AP Photo/Frank Augstein)


This just interesting. I haven't been able to catch the Euro 2008 matches for some obvious reasons and one of them is the schedule of the games. Not all matches are aired live on cable. The most important matches can only be viewed on some select establishments.

It just doesn't matter right now. Two of my favorite teams, Germany and Spain are in the Euro 2008 Finals. I'm just stoked on that one but the problem is I have to root for one team only. It's always hard two of your fave teams go at it for the championship.

Both teams haven't reached the Euro finals in a long time. For Germany, the last time was 1996 while Spain's last appearance was in 1964. These two teams are just hungry for a Euro Championship. And these two teams just couldn't wait for the championship to start. I'm gonna have so much fun watching this match.

The Good News for the Germans is: They are in the finals.

The Bad News for the Germans is: Capt. Michael Ballack is doubtful with a calf injury.

The Good News for the Spaniards is: They are the favorites to win the championship.

The Bad News for the Spaniards is: Germany is also the favorite to win the Euro 2008.

In my opinion, these two teams have very contrasting styles in terms of strategies. Both teams have their version of the Big 3 akin to the NBA's Boston Celtics and LA Lakers.

The team who's gonna win it all would all come down on who's hungrier for the title. This going to be another classic match in the making. It's going to be a very tight game. I want both teams to win but if all comes down to which team I'm gonna bet my money on, I'd put my money on Germany.

Sorry Spain. No hard feelings...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...