Monday, June 30, 2008

Spain wins Euro 2008 Finals over Germany 1-0

The Spanish team celebrates after winning the Euro 2008 Championship over Germany
(AP Photo/Bernat Armangue)


Looks like my prediction didn't go my way this time. Germany lost to Spain in the Euro 2008 Finals. If I was involved in a real bet for that match, for sure I would've lost a lot of money. Thank goodness I'm not a gambler and I didn't get into such betting. And all it was one simple Goal for the Spaniards to win it all.

"Ouch" would be a good understatement for Germany at the moment.

The underdogs proved to be much hungrier for the title than the Germans. I know the Germans are obviously hurting from the loss but kudos to Germany, too. At least, it took their opponents the whole freaking game to score one measly goal. Much like the NBA's Boston Celtics, the Spaniards have waited a hell of a long time to get some redemption and win the Euro championship again since 1964. Their home country must be having a huge fiesta right now.

But like I said in my previous post about this topic, I wanted both teams to win. It was somewhat a win-win situation for me. Although I did made a prediction for Germany to win, it's still all good. It could go either way, you know.

The Spaniard were on a roll right from the very start of the tournament. They took out World Cup Champs Italy, then Russia in the semis. And now, it was the Germans turn to taste defeat at the hands of the Spaniards.

Captain Michael Ballack did manage to play in the Finals but he was a non factor for Germany. With or without Ballack in the game, no problem for Spain. It simply didn't matter to the Spaniards and getting the job done is all that matters. Spain was the better team. They deserved the win.

The Germans however, will remember their 1-0 loss to the Spaniards in the Euro 2008 Finals.

On that note, I guess the Spaniards could now perhaps paraphrase the words I used in my last post:

"Sorry Germany. Nothing personal. No hard feelings..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...