Thursday, May 19, 2011

Everybody was All In

(Photo by Roy Afable)

The 3-stripes celebrated 2-days of fun-filled activities last May 14 & 15 at the front of the EastWood City Mall in Libis, QC. The event started at 10 pm of the 14th and was kicked off with some B-Boy and B-Girl action and Graffiti art contest. Though I wasn't there on the first day (or night) of the event, I knew a lot peeps would be there and show Adidas some love.

A couple of days prior to the All24 celebration, I browsed the schedule of the event and they (Adidas) weren't kidding about doing that thing for 24 hours. Not only was the Philippines celebrating the Adidas All24 event but other countries in Southeast Asia I believe were doing the same event as well. A big event indeed.

Hoops action at the Adidas All24 event.
(Photo by Roy Afable)

While I missed most of the activities scheduled at the event, I was able to catch the 3-on-3 ballin' fun there. Of course, there wouldn't be a 3-point shootout and a free throw shooting contest on the side. I was supposed to compete in the free throw shooting contest but I sort of didn't make the cut. It's good to see the youngins show their skills on the court.

Getting extreme in the streets.
(Photo by Roy Afable)

I'm a big fan of extreme sports, so I checked out the skateboarding event and it didn't disappoint. I mentioned about the Graffiti competition and there were some great works there. It's unfortunate that I wasn't able to witness how each artist did their piece from scratch but the finished artworks were spot on.

One of the Adidas inspired Graffiti displayed at the event.
(Photo by Roy Afable)

I didn't stay long for the street dance contest and fashion show. I was more concerned about getting a ride home. Eastwood City is quite far from where I live. It's worth noting that the crowd got bigger around 5 pm during the second say of the event I believe. The place was so packed I had a hard time finding the exit. It's all good though. I had a blast.

Props to Adidas Philippines for putting up the All24 event. It was indeed a huge success.

Everybody was definitely All In.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...