Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Adidas Crazy Light launch 5.29.11


Rain or shine, no stopping the Adidas AdiZero Crazy Light launch.
(Photo by Roy Afable)

These kicks have been making some noise for quite a while. It’s obvious that many are curious about what they’re really all about. The 3-stripes teased us with a few videos from their official You Tube channel about what could be the lightest sneakers ever made. Derrick Rose and a few Adidas Athletes rocked these during the NBA Playoffs. Still don’t know what I’m talking about? Well, the German brand came up with sneakers that are perhaps lighter than air – the Adidas AdiZero Crazy Light.

May 29 marked the launch of these ridiculously light kicks on Sunday evening at the Moro Lorenzo Sports Complex in Ateneo University. For a dude like me living down south, going far north to the Katipunan area in Quezon City for the AdiZero Crazy Light event was something I shouldn’t sleep on. Nevermind the long walk from the gates of Ateneo all the way to the venue, it was a packed house when I got there – save for the fact that it didn’t rain in the evening. Simply put, it’s gonna be one crazy event.

The AdiZero Crazy Lights in Lead/Run White/Electric Green color way.
(Photo by Roy Afable)

More than 200 athletes including folks from the media to try out AdiZero Crazy Light sneaks. We all had to wear the sneakers before going inside. When I opened up the box to check out my pair (I got the blue/white color way), I was surprised about how light it was as soon as I picked up the shoe. Heck, I thought I was holding up a thin pair of socks – it did came with 3 pairs of socks – it totally amazed me. I wasn’t the only one that had the same reaction as I did. After lacing ‘em up went inside the gym to put on my basketball gear. Grabbed some light dinner(?) before the pick-up game for the media. Glad they had the mini-games like the Skills Challenge and 3-point shootout. It gave me some time to digest the stuff I ate.

Chicago Bulls guard Derrick rocked these during the NBA Playoffs.
(Photo by Roy Afable)

Fortunately for me, I belonged to the team that’s gonna play the first game. The game was about 20 minutes – divided into 2 halves and 10 minutes for each, I believe – I had my fair share of the game to say the least. I haven’t played ball in almost 4 years since my basketball related injury. My mobility in the game was very limited but I did get to touch the ball once in a while. Tried to do some running (gingerly) for a bit, I was afraid of aggravating my injury on a game that’s being televised on primetime cable TV (Eeekk!!). It was a back and forth kind of thing out there and since I only know of the media peeps on my team, there are times that I get confused at who or where my teammates are at. That’s what happened when you haven’t balled in a long, long time.

Team Pakitang Gilas in the house!
(Photo by Roy Afable)

My team didn’t win but that’s ok. We lost to PBA Anchor (and FTW host) Mico Halili’s team won but they lost in the finals. The real winner is actually the Adidas AdiZero Crazy Light kicks. All the expectations were met for this shoe and it was insanely the lightest shoe I’ve ever balled on in my entire life. It was so light I thought I wasn’t wearing sneakers at all. Ridiculous.

Design sketches of the AdiZero Crazy Light.
(Photo by Roy Afable)

Hats off to Adidas Philippines for this awesome yet crazy event, I sure had a blast. Thanks for the invite and I hope to cover more of these events from the 3-stripes.

Yes, the 3-stripes have done it again!
(Photo by Roy Afable)

Global release of the Adidas AdiZero Crazy Light is on June 3. Price is at Php 6,995.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...