Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Predicting the PBA games

Can coach Franz Pumaren and his boys finally get the W that's been eluding them?
(Leslie Sy/InterAKTV)

Okay, it's been a while since I last posted something here or perhaps anything PBA related. With NBA lockout in full effect and their 2011-2012 season possibly out the window, I think it's about time I give some love to the Philippines' pro hoops league. I know the 37th Philippine Cup of the PBA is already in progress yet I wanna do something that I haven't done even on NBA games -- predict the scores for each game.

It ain't gonna be an easy task since I don't have the stats available. Perhaps the next best thing I can do about that is to predict how big-a-points or margin of the winning team for each game. For example, first game is Alaska vs Ginebra and the second is Meralco Bolts vs B-Meg Llamados -- I'll predict Alaska wins by 10 points and B-Meg wins by 3 points. If my predictions are close to the final scores of each game then that's the only to know if my predictions are somewhat accurate. Plain and simple, right?

With that in mind, I'ma start my predictions with today's games: Talk n' Text Tropang Texters vs Shopinas.com Clickers and Meralco Bolts vs Powerade Tigers.

Game 1: Tropang Texters win by 10

The Tropang Texters still managed to get some W's even with a depleted lineup as opposed to the Clickers having healthy players but have yet to win a game. The first could very well be a close one for both teams but in the last 2 quarters, the Tropang Texters would eventually pull away and maintain a double digit lead until the final horn sounds.

Game 2: Powerade Tigers win by 2

Both teams have a balanced mix of young and veteran players. This is gonna be a fun and exciting game to watch yet it'll be a close one. Expect a hard-nosed matchup between the Tigers' Gary David and Sol Mercado of the Bolts.

Watch all the PBA hoops action only on AKTV on IBC 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...